Let It Be review by The Beatles

• Released: May 8, 1970
The Beatles: Let It Be

This is the last album published by the Beatles. At the point this album was done Abbey Road was being made, but anyway Let It Be was published later for some reason. Let It Be sounds like a really forced album, it doesn't sound like the members are having a good time making the music. Anyway Let It Be has a few great songs and overall it sounds great. The music styles used on this album are basically rock and two rock ballads. One of the songs, One After 909, was actually written several years before, but it was discarded until Let It Be, because it was quite hard.

The lyrics are very good, but one song, called Dig It, is very strange. Here's a sample of lyrics: Like a rolling stone, Like the FBI and the CIA and the BBC and BB King, and Doris Day, Matt Busby. Originally the song continued for over 9 minutes, but it was cut to 50 seconds. Another song, Maggie Mae, is also odd. It tells about a Maggie Mae, who is a robber. Maggie Mae is also very short. Also listen to Paul McCartney's great Get Back singing.

The most impressive song is The Long And Winding Road. It is one of the two beautiful ballads by Paul McCartney. The other one is Let It Be. I love the fact that about half of the songs on this album are really good, and the other half are quite bad, or at least I don't like them. I probably would get this album again if I'd lose it etc. If you like the Beatles you must get this album, if you don't then this album is maybe not for you.

toxicity33
    and a friend of there's on organ
    I believe that was Billy Preston. That is one of my favorite beatle albums. Where do get the DVD?