Let It Be review by The Beatles

• Released: May 8, 1970
The Beatles: Let It Be

Many critics are correct in saying that "Let It Be" was their worst produced album, but there are many positives to come out of here. There are three chart topping songs (Get Back, Let It Be, The Long and Winding Road) on this album. The mood throughout this album is a somber one which tries to pick itself up with upbeat numbers like Two of Us, Get Back, For You Blue. If these songs were more polished like in "Let It Be... Naked", this album would be one of their finest.

Two songs that stand out lyrically are the euphoric poetry by John in Across The Universe and the "words of wisdom" by Paul in Let It Be. Otherwise, lyrically, this album does not stand out as a strong album. Forced thoughts were put into many of these songs because of the pressure of the "Get Back" movie and not arguing amongst themselves, which never makes for perfect music.

Thankfully, The Beatles did create "Abbey Road" after this record, because this would be a sour note to go off on. Besides that, some of my favorite songs are on here (I've Got a Feeling, Get Back, Two of Us, Across the Universe). Even a disappointing album of The Beatles is still note worthy and competitive with any other albums of their time. This album is worth owning because we can actually hear/feel the emotion that The Beatles had enough of being The Beatles, and stands as a great piece of history.

Remmy_214
    Lol at the newest comment. "Dig it" was a joke, literally, it was made in humor it's not a real song. And "The long and winding road" is amazing.
    GabbyTard
    GrungeBeatle wrote: and a friend of there's on organ [quote] toxiccity33 wrote: I believe that was Billy Preston. That is one of my favorite beatle albums. Where do get the DVD? It was Billy Preston. I'd like to say. I believe that was Billy Preston. That is one of my favorite beatle albums. Where do get the DVD?
    toxicity33 wrote: and a friend of there's on organ I believe that was Billy Preston. That is one of my favorite beatle albums. Where do get the DVD?
    GabbyTard
    Woah. That was messed up. Well, I think it was Billy Preston. This album is great. And I do agree, 'The Long and Winding Road' was amazing.