Love review by The Beatles

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
The Beatles: Love

Firstly, I must say the Beatles have never sounded this good before. My dad is the hugest Beatles fan, he even named me Sam Lennon Singleton, and when he bought this album I thought it would be just like all the other Beatles stuff. How wrong I could be! George Martin and his son have done a excellent job of remastering and merging the songs seemlessly. Almost every song is combined to the next track and creates a really great effect. Beatles at their best.

Well we've all heard them before haven't we? Although they are the same old Beatles songs there is a few added lyrics here and there. For instance on 'Octopusses Garden' there is more spoken words in the background.But on the whole nothing new except for the backwards played Sun King (Gnik Nus). The lyrics are brilliant mostly the Lennon/McCartney songs but Harrison and Ringo also pulled this off nicely.

This is a must have CD even for non Beatle fans there is something for everyone. Compared to other Beatle albums This one shines high above the rest. Although not all the Beatles songs are on the album the best are there and digitally remastered to boot. If it was stolen I would hunt down the thief(although I can't blame him for wanting it) I would probably buy it again.The tracks that really stood out to me was'Revolution', 'Back in the U.S.S.R', 'I am the walrus' and a medley of 'Drive my car/What you're doing/The word'. I love everything about this album and I would like to hear some more Beatles songs such as'Nowhere man' remastered. All I can say now is but this album.

Karanian
    If you haven't listened to 'Love' on a DVD-Audio system, you have really missed the magic of this release. The Beatles - digitally remastered in 6 channel surround sound - thank you George Martin. A preview of the upcoming digital mastering of the complete Beatles catalog???
    honeybomb2710
    IggyMorrison
    honeybomb2710 wrote: Is no one going to point out how incredible it sounded when Martin arranged "Being for the benefit" with "I want you" and "helter skelter"? I mean good points guys, but at least mention that song.
    Agreed, that was probably the first song I fell in love with after hearing the album. Also the Get Back/Glass Onion/Eleanor Rigby sequence which sounds so fresh and dynamic, the mystical intro of Here Comes the Sun, the haunting acoustic and strings version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, the amazing Drive My Car medley (to a person who doesn't know the original it probably sounds like one single song), the Lady Madonna/Hey Bulldog combination... It's a wonderful album
    Battery Chicken
    George Martin did an incredible job sewing this together, it's the best 'best of' album I've ever heard. Nothing will ever replace the original albums, but this is definitely worth a listen.