Magical Mystery Tour review by The Beatles

• Released: Nov 27, 1967
The Beatles: Magical Mystery Tour

Magical Mystery Tour came after the great Sgt. Pepper's album, so how could this even reach the level of it's predecessor? Create more magnificent songs, put them into a new album, and take two songs that didn't go into Sgt. Peppers and put them on as well, the ending, another classic record. Yeah that pretty much sums up Magical Mystery Tour, I mean the name sets you up for the album. With songs like "Blue Jay Way" that are full of inexplicable greatness, to "Your Mother Should Know" a pop tune, with a great sound, the album puts you on a magical tour into weirdness. The level of creating new sounds were raised, once you hear "Flying" you will want to really be flying, it's such a relaxing tune!" The title track "Magical Mystery Tour" starts off the album with a bang! McCartney's voice sounds amazing, along with the rocking bass, and the great horn section, it makes one hell of a song, and the ending piano part really nails it! "Penny Lane" "I am the Walrus" "Strawberry Fields Forever" three of the greatest songs ever to be recorded, in one album! The sound begs to be turned up, and begs to be heard!

Lennon wrote some beautiful lyrics in this album, "I am the Walrus" and "Strawberry Fields Forever" are among his best lyrics. "I am the Walrus" a song that means absolutely nothing, sounds good, the lyrics are funny, and descriptive, and crazy! "Elementary penguins/singing hare krishna/man you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allen Poe". That's Lennon, that is pure of his magic. Everyone knows what opening lyric this is from, "Let me take you down/cause I'm going to/Strawberry Fields/Nothing is real/and nothing to get hung about." McCartney doesn't stay behind, especially with "Penny Lane". "In Penny Lane/there is a barber/showing photographs/of every head he had the pleasure to know." With his poppy and nostalgic classic, full of old memories, and with a kick ass piccolo solo, McCartney is heard! The lyrics in the album are by far better than any other Beatle album, period!

Magical Mystery Tour is a superb album, each song is guaranteed to be one of your favorite tunes, to hum, sing, and dance to (maybe). Rarely do we see an album with great songs one after another. The best thing about the album has to be the consistency of the songs. I have nothing bad to say of it. I would definitely buy it if it was stolen or lost, or scratched, I don't care if I pay more than it's regular price!

Sp00nman94
    It is a very well crafted psychedelic rock album whose success was overshadowed by the release of Sgt. Pepper's (one of the greatest albums ever) that same year.
    IggyMorrison
    A somehow overlooked Betles album. I am the Walrus is one of my favourite Beatles songs, it's so innovative and different from everything else... Blue Jay Way sounds kind of creepy but the story behind its writing is really funny. My dad gets teary eyes from The Fool on yhe Hill to this day...
    p.d.s.91
    orange_juice wrote: this album should have been called Magical Acid Trip
    I think Magical Mystery Tour is subliminal for Magical Acid Trip imo
    Led Lennon
    Would have been perfect except for "flying" and "blue jay way." don't understand why they bothered ruining the album with that junk.