Revolver review by The Beatles

• Released: Aug 5, 1966
The Beatles: Revolver

This album is the greatest piece of work in rock history by a band that's name is praised. This of course is Revolver of the Beatles. This peice is the turning point in rock history. The sound is magnificant, it displays how versitile the beatles were in there music at this time. It showed that they could play western philosiphy inspired (Love You Too), slow, meaningful ballads (For No One), and still play music that is much alike of the roots (She Said). With also throwing in a few songs that a revolution in music themselves, such as tomorow never knows, Elenor Rigby (which was the first tune that the Beatles didn't play a single instrument on), and Got To Get You Into My Life (the first time the beatles used a band with instruments like the trumpet, saxiphone, the trombone, etc). This album also brought on new sounds that were never heard before anywhere, such as playing playing tapes backwards in tomorow never knows and I'm only sleeping, and you can hear the first distortion in the making from the tune taxman. This album definetly has one of the best sounds, if not the best ever displayed by musicians. I also want to share that it is in my opinion that the Beatles made this great music because they were dine touring. When they toured, they would record their stuff in such a little time. Rubber Soul was recorded in just 12 hours! But when they called it quits for touring, they had tons of time on they're hands, and also, since they didn't have to perform it, they could make it as complex as they wanted. You can see that because over the next few years, much of their music was much to complex to perform. So touring was not a bad move, it was actually a very good one, otherwise there wouldnt be Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, I Am The Walrus, and Yellow Submarine the soundtrack.

The lyrics are great. It seems like some songs have lyrics that people can relate too, but some are very sophisticated and people dont understand the true meaning of it, but can relate to it in their own life. Such as taxman, I'm sure people relate to them on how much of a pain taxes can be and tax collectors as well, but songs like Elenor Rigby have are about drugs and people that the Beatles know, but people can relate to it by seeing Elenor Rigby as themselves or a person they know. The singin is great. John and Paul are definetly the masters of a 2 part harmony in the rock world, and George definetly makes and awesome sound when he does a 3rd harmony. This also shows how good of singers george and ringo are, and how they have progressed over the years.

It cannot compare to any other artist, but as to other albums by the Beatles, you can see that the music on Rubber Soul is like a hint of what is coming for the next album, because it displays the techniqes that were going to be used on Revolver. There is nothing to hate that is on Revolver, I don't think it is humanly possible, the only thing that I could hate is that the pause between the songs are too long, because it is sometimes hard to wait those few seconds to hear the next song because of the anticipation of about to listen to each song But other albums that can be considered just as good can be Abbey Road, Sgt Peppers, Led Zepplin IV (4 if it's the wrong roman numeral), and Pink Floyd's The Wall. There maybe a few others, but Revolver is most likely the best out of all of them, and in my mind it is. When I grow up and have enough money, I plan to buy stock just in this single album if that answers the question of wuld I buy it if lost.