Revolver review by The Beatles

• Released: Aug 5, 1966
The Beatles: Revolver

The Beatles' music on this album is some of the best. Revolver is the height of music itself. The album starts out with Harrison's "Taxman." A great song about how much more taxes the Beatles had to pay than most people. There are other great songs on this album. The ballad "Eleanor Rigby" is a sad song about a old, lonley woman. Some of my favorites include "I'm Only Sleeping," "Good Day Sunshine" and "Got To Get You Into My Life." There are many kinds of sounds on this album, and the Beatles make them flow to sound great.

John and Paul were and are still some of the best lyrics writers ever. I personally don't think anyone can match with John's lyricall genius. George can actully write lyrics, too. "Love You To" is a great song with great lyrics that George wrote. The Beatles wrote some of the most influential songs and some of them are on this album. "For No One" is an example of a lyricall genuis song. I love the lyrics on "Revolver" and most songs today can't compete with the songs the Beatles wrote many years ago.

I personally feel that "Revolver" is the best Beatles album ever. They wrote the most timeless songs, and the ones on "Revolver" are definatly going to be remembered forever with the others. "Revolver" is the height of pop music. No album can come close to what the Beatles did with this album. They raised the bar when they released "Revolver" and so far, no one has been able to reach it. The mucial genuis is there, and it's too bad that the Beatles can't be here today to keep on raising the bar for musical quality. "Revolver" is immortal.