Revolver review by The Beatles

• Released: Aug 5, 1966
The Beatles: Revolver

If you'll allow me, I would like to gush. This album has always been my favorite album of The Beatles, and quite frankly, of all time. "Sgt. Pepper's" is always considered their magnum opus, but without "Revolver", "Pepper" wouldn't have happened. This is The Beatles at their creative peak, musically and lyrically. Each song sound different from the last, and there are nearly no flaws what'soever. From the beautifully sardonic "Taxman", to the sweet melody of "Here, There And Everywhere", and to the LSD trip caught on tape in "Tomorrow Never Knows", this album is a work of musical art.

Each one of The Beatles got their spotlight on this album, John has "Tomorrow Never Knows", Paul has "Here, There And Everywhere", and George has "I Want To Tell You". I leave out Ringo, not because I don't think he's talented (I think he's the best drummer of all time), but because he didn't write on this album, he just sang. Even "Yellow Submarine" however, adds to the beauty of "Revolver". Each song is a treasure. I know I say that a lot, but this time it's most relevant. I'm so glad that George got to open an album, and whata a way to do it. "Taxman" is almost punk rock 15 years before punk even existed. Each phrase of each song is woven into melodies that are just as brilliant, provided by the greatest band of all time.

"Revolver" is the peak. It sets us up for the masterpiece to come after it, and we enjoy every minute. "Revolver" is The Beatles saying to the world, "No more 'I Want To Hold Your Hand', kids". This was the album that they became artists. And what a way to show the world what they could do. I could honestly write a book about how much I love "Revolver", and why it's the greatest work The Beatles ever issued, but, I'll just settle with this. Bravo, lads.

joestrat5000
    All time favorite record. Love Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper, and Please Please Me. But Revolver takes it all. The backwards guitar on I'm Sleeping, The guitar riffs of And Your Bird Can Sing and Taxman, the indian instrumentation of Love You To, and the absolute insanity of Tomorrow Never Knows. For No One, Eleanor Rigby and She Said She Said are all great songs too. I can't think of any better album.
    igorimsa
    I just discovered this album a month ago, i ve never been a beatle maniac, but always appreaciate one new song of them that would come by any given day as well...so some random day i was going by my download and let this album play from begginign to end, i almost cried by its beauty when it came to "im only sleeping" lol but seriously...but i dont know i can not get to like Good Day Sunshine and Got To Get You Into My Life so much... i mean i enjoy it and everything, but i think john lennon was at its prime here and those are only normal good songs..my favorite are im only slleping, doctor robert, love you to, she said.... ohh man this album is fantastic.