Rubber Soul review by The Beatles

• Released: Dec 3, 1965
The Beatles: Rubber Soul

The sound on Rubber Soul was not bad, but not good either. I'm glad that they remastered all the sound on CD, because the sound on the LP is mediocre. Rubber Soul was, I think, on of the Beatles top 5 greatest albums, the songs are really good and The Beatles really grew from melodic pop to a little more serious rock on this album.

The lyrics are awesome! What else could be better? The Beatles are argubly the best lyricists in the last 100 years. The way the lyircs mesh with the music on Norweigan Wood are amazing, the soothing guitar and simple and beautiful lyrics are appealing to everyone. Both Lennon and McCartney really came through in all areas on lyric writing and singing on this album!

Rubber Soul is no Abbey Road or Hard Day's Night, but it certainly is up there! My favourite songs on the album are probably "Drive My Car" or "In My Life." I love the cover on the album too, I'm not sure but, I'm partial to covers with pictures of the band. If someone jacked this CD from me, I'd of course buy it back, but not without blasting the person(s) who jacked it from me.