Rubber Soul review by The Beatles

• Released: Dec 3, 1965
The Beatles: Rubber Soul

The Beatles album Rubber Soul is inovative in sound as well as desing. Not only did the Beatles help shape the face of pop music as we know it but the also evolved the Album cover as an art form. And this cover is one of their earlist cover concepts. With their faces streched and disoriented. The sound of this album varies from country and folk, to rock and ballads. One of the biggest inovations it the tape reversal work on "In My Life", with the piano solo. In order to get it to sound like a baroque period composition they used tape reversal to get it right. There was nothing the Beatles wouldn't try to do.

Lennon and McCartney do what they do best. Writing really good song that anyone can listen to. Whether its the Bob Dylan influenced Norwegian Wood (Lennon) a song writen about one of his affairs. To the Melodic ballad Michelle (McCartney) that has a beautiful mixture of acoustic and electric guitar work. And the very reflective and deep "In My Life". Harrison does a fine job on his contributions to the album with If I Needed Someone and Think For Yourself. The music to each of these songs fits well with their appropriate context and lyrics. All's good on this one.

So much has been said about the Beatles and their catalouge of work that it really seems irrelavent that I'm even writing this but I am anyway. Pre Revolver and Sgt. Pepper, Rubber Soul was one of their best albums of the time, And in my opinion it still is one of there best. The Best songs on this album are pretty much all of them, the only one I don't particullarly like is "What Goes On", everything Else is good. If I lost it I would buy it again. Just so I have a cd copy with me always.

SMoD
    freedomdeceptiv
    SMoD wrote: it's great...but not the best. it's the first psychedelisized album by the beatles
    not psychedelic yet...