Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band review by The Beatles

• Released: Jun 1, 1967
The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

The sound on this CD is amazing. This was my first Beatles album and turned me into a complete Beatlemaniac. This album is filled with experimentation and creativeness, you can almost feel that sory of sense when you listen to it. The songs are incredible. This was the Beatles concept album where they played as members of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. There's about 5-7 seconds of silence before the music starts then it kicks off with "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." This instantly drew me in because of the guitat in it and the fact that it seemed live. The 2nd track, "With A Little Help From My Friends", is sung by Ringo and is probably the catchiest tune on the whole album. "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" gives so much imagery that you feel like your there. It's one of their best songs on the album, and one of the best in the Beatles catalog. "Getting Better" is an average song, theres nothing special about it, but it's not bad. "She's Leaving Home" is, in my opinon, the worst song on here. I never liked it, but it dosen't take anything away from the rest of the album. "For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" is extremely weird, with a circus-esque atmosphere aurronded around the song. "Within You, Wtihout You" is the best song on the whole album. It is an Indian song in which George Harrison plays sitar, it's so far out and awesome. I cannot say enough good things about it. "When I'm 64" is good, catchy and simple. Probably the two most straight forward songs on the album are "Lovely Rita" and "Good Morning, Good Morning." They're both really great songs that I feel get overshadowed alot. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)" is kind of like the band wrapping up, it's faster and has a more rocking beat than the first but it's only one minute and eighteen seconds long. "A Day In The Life Of.." wraps up the album and leaves you feeling awe-struck. the orchestral arrangement in the middle is great.

Like everything else on the album the lyricss are phenominal. I constantly look to this album for inspiration on songwriting. Lennon and McCartney are the greatest songwriters in rock histroy. Period.

My overall impression of this album is this: awesome. There's no other word for it. If you don't want so much experimentation and craziness in your songs I would suggest "Let It Be" or any album before "Sgt. Pepper's" because this album set the Beatles in the middle of the psychedellic movement. Overall, this is the greatest album of all time of any genre. The Beatles are the best.