Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band review by The Beatles

• Released: Jun 1, 1967
The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

This was the first Beatles album I heard, and it completely blew me away. There is a huge array of sounds, ranging from radio friendly pop songs like "With a little help from my friends", to spacey, trippy stuff like "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds". There are instruments you rarely hear which boats these guys creativity.

All four of them sing, which I think is impressive. There are songs which appear to be rambling nonsence i.e. "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" and "Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite", but on second look, they make more sence. Lucy In the Sky seeming to be about tripping on LSD, and "Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite" which was apparently inspired by a poster John had seen. "Within You, Without You" was wrote by George, and has no input by his fellow band mates. The lyrics generally fit all the songs very well, and they aren't all about the same thing, which is good.

The best thing about this album for me, is the many sounds on this album. It takes you to places from Carnivals (Benefit of Mr. Kite) to India (Within You Without You). However, I feel the album gets weaker towards the end, with songs like "Lovely Rita" and "When I'm Sixty Four" not appealing to me as much as the others. My personal faveroute's off this album are "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds", "With A Little Help From My Friends" and "For the Benefit of Mr. Kite". This album is classic, I recommend all music lovers to get this album.

drix_gnr
    she'S leaving home is one of ma favorite, it brought you in a bad dream