Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band review by The Beatles

• Released: Jun 1, 1967
The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

The sound in Sgt. Pepper is one molded from the different ideas brought up by the innovators in the group, Lennon and McCartney. There is moments in the album that make you wonder how was that sound created? It was an evolution of sounds, from "Revolver" to Sgt. Pepper's their sounds changed. From the first song on the album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band" to the last song, the timeless classic "A Day in the Life" the album's sound kept changing, always on the move. The Beatles added just about anything they could, all the sounds molded into what we hear. The bass, the drums, and the guitars were present, but so where the other instruments used, especially the mind-warping "Within you, Without You" by George Harrison, the absence of any instrument that we know made the song better! What song can you compare that will rival "A Day in the Life"? Lennon's best song ever, one of the Beatles highest achievements, etc etc. The soft voice of Lennon, McCartney's great contribution with his poppy verse, and who can forget the orchestra crescendo? The Beatles crafted a sound imitated, washed-and-made-to-look-new sound, and amazing sound, that influenced musicians up to this day!

Lennon and McCartney wrote stories, witty lines, and in the case of "A Day in the Life" Lennon wrote about tragedies. The lyrics on the album are great, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" a great song, with imaginative lyrics. Who else but Lennon could create lyrics like "Climb in the back, with your head the clouds and you're gone". McCartney's playful lyrics on "Getting Better" "Me used to be angry young men, me hiding me head in the sand". And the deep, and great lyrics of Harrison "We were talking about the space between us all" from "Within You Without You". Most of the songs have catchy lyrics, and good rhythm, especially the closing song, "A Day in the Life" "I read the news today oh boy, about a lucky man who made the grade, and though the news was rather sad, well I just had to laugh, I saw the photograph". The best lyrics come from the last song, but all the lyrics in all of the songs are great.

Sgt. Pepper has been called by many the greatest Beatles album, and it can very well be. It's an album that has everything that The Beatles are famous for, sound, innovation, lyrics, and talent. Best songs from the album for me are, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" "With a Little Help from my Friends" "Getting Better" "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite" and "A Day in the Life". The sound is what I like about the album, it's nice to hear, and very creative. There isn't anything wrong with Sgt. Pepper, in my opinion. This was my first Beatles record, if it was stolen I would buy it, if I lost it I would buy it, if it can't play I would buy it, if my friend hasn't returned it for more than a month I would buy it, it's just that good.