Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band review by The Beatles

• Released: Jun 1, 1967
The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Out of all the Beatles CD's that I have and have listened to this is the best. First off, let me start by saying that the Beatles are my favorite band. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" is my favorite CD by the Beatles because it's the CD with the most distorted songs and the CD with the most meaningful songs. Not trying to say anything bad about "Magical Mystery Tour" but it's the way it looks to me. This is the CD that inspired me to become a successful lead guitarist in a band. This CD not only inspired me to become a lead guitarist but it also inspired me to become a successful song writer. I'm not there yet but someday I wish to be.

The lyrics are very moving to me because I can actually understand what they mean. For example, when I listened to "A Day In The Life" I completely understood what John Lennon was trying to express. Also "With A Little Help From My Friends," sure the title gives away the meaning of the song but there was a completely different life lesson behind it. Ringo Starr meant that even when you're down or getting past a hard time, you'll always have a friend to help you in your time of need. John Lennon's "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds," I have no clue what that song was about but I know that it was based off of a meaningful painting John created. George Harrison's lyrics in "Within You, Without You," those were meant to be touching lyrics but I don't know many people who actually understood the lesson from that song. What I'm trying to say is every song on this album has a very important life lesson hidden in the lyrics.

The music shown on "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" doesn't exactly relate to other albums by other artists but it comes close to comparison with Abbey Road. The most impressive songs to me are "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Repraise)" and "A Day In The Life." I say this because they go together in a medley. The same thing goes for "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" and "With A Little Help From My Friends." They go together in a medley too. If this album were to be stolen or lost I would definitely buy it again.

MaggaraMarine
    thelotuseater1 wrote: These reviews are good, but seem to contradict themselves quite a bit. Some reviewers give it a 9 or 10 (which I agree, it deserves) but then say three or four of the songs are '3/5' or 'boring'. Which is it then?
    The rating system used to be different. 1 was the lowest and 5 was the highest rating. And when the system changed and you had given an 1 as a rating, it converted into 2 and 5 converted into 10. So 3/5 would be 6/10. And if some song is "boring..." Well, I think the reviewer doesn't like it