The Beatles 1 review by The Beatles

• Released: Nov 14, 2000
The Beatles: The Beatles 1

The reason I decided to review this record is because it's the first collection of Beatles songs I heard. And I didn't buy it. It was my dad's and he isn't a true Beatles fan like me. He says he just appreciates them and what they did for music. But ever since I heard Magical Mystery Tour and Sgt. Peppers I was hooked. So in between MMT and my purchase of Sgt. Peppers I decided to go back and listen to this record again just because I was in the mood for some Beatles. So I really enjoyed it even though a lot of people bash it. They have to realize that this is good for what it is. It's a number 1 hits record. It is what it is and says, so don't complain and say, wheres Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, where's Strawberry Fields Forever, A Day In The Life, or I Am The Walrus? Sorry they were never number 1 hits. So I'm going to say once again, this is good for what it is, so dont go expecting more. Just expect all their number 1 mainstream hits. And if you can accept that then you will enjoy it. So I will warn you: don't buy this album unless you want all their hits on 1 album. Simple as that.

Words can't describe how great a team John and Paul are, or were. They were incredible, each creating something of their own and making it as memorable and enjoyable as the next. I personally, for some reason, prefer Lennon's writing and singing over Paul's. He's just so unique in every way. But together they are great. Not only are they in the most influential band ever, but they are probably the most influential writers of all time, and are the best team ever. Enough said.

Don't expect to get the full Beatles effect from getting this. It's impossible you need to buy every record to do that. So with that I can't really recommend this to anyone unless they are not a big Beatles fan and are only looking to get their number 1 hits. What I suggest you do is start collecting all of their albums. That is what I'm going to do, because over the course of a few weeks I've become a huge Beatles fan. A great thing about this CD though is that the songs are so short that it leaves you wanting more so you may easily be going back and just listening to it over and over. Or atleast your favorite songs over and over. And sometimes my favorites change. Like a few days ago my favorites were, "She Loves You" and "Yesterday." And today they are "Ticket To Ride" and "Something." And some other favorites of mine are, "Eleanor Rigby," "Hey Jude," "I Feel Fine," "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "The Ballad Of John And Yoko." All are great though.

auranos
    I wish it had A Day in the Life, but like you said it wasn't a #1 hit. Still a great album: 10/10