The Beatles (White Album) review by The Beatles

The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album)

First of all, let it be made clear that I love The Beatles. But their sound in this album, to me, was a little overwhelming at first. I wasn't sure of what to make of it. I guess you can call it a revolution. Granted, some people will say "Oh, this is the best Beatles album ever!" But I don't necessarily agree. This is a great album, but the general sound takes a little getting used to. I only liked a few sounds to begin with. Only later on did I begin to appreciate the other songs. Songs like "Dear Prudence" I didn't used to like but is now one of my faovrites. Another odd song with a (really) odd sound is "Revolution 9." You have to have a good tolerence for weirdness to enjoy this song. All in all though, I feel that this album is one of the Beatles best and the sound is generally good throughout the whole of it.

John Lennon is one of the greatest lyrics witers ever. I mean, who else could've written "Glass Onion" but him? I espically love the lyric "She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane." Granted, I have no idea what it means, but damnded if it isn't good. Paul too can really write lyrics. I really do love "Blackbird" and his lyrics for that song. "Take these broken wings and learn to fly, all your life. You were only waiting for this moment to arise." John and Paul pull it off again to make this album a lyrical masterpiece.

The White Album, I feel, doesn't compare to the earlier "Revolver" album but it's still one of my favorites. The Beatles were musical geniuses and it's a shame that they aren't still around today. The White Album has a lot of strange songs ("Revolution 9," "Honey Pie") but it manages to make the songs flow like they belong, and make it sound good too. I have nothing to complain about for this album. It's a classic and a must for any Beatles fan wanting to complete their collection.

jrthegreat91
    take some acid and listen to revolution 9. Im sure that will change your opinion of the song