The Beatles (White Album) review by The Beatles

The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album)

If Sgt. Pepper took away your love for the Beatles, the White Album should definetley renew your faith. This album brings back some of the freshness of earlier Beatles records while at the same time keeping the adventureous spirit of Sgt. Pepper alive. Sound wise the White Album is a mixed bag ranging from Pyshcadelic tracks like Glass Onion and Revolution 9 to the acoustic beauty of Blackbird and Dear Prudence. In contrast to the experminental sounds of Sgt. Pepper, the White Album seems very subdued in many cases and doesnt push any boundaries but that makes the album all the more enjoyable.

John and Paul are known as two of the greatest songwriters ever to walk the earth and are in high form on the White Album. Standout lyrical performances on this album include Dear Prudence, Rocky Raccoon, Blackbird, I'm So Tired, and Julia. The album even includes George's classic While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and Ringos country inspired Don't Pass Me By.

The White Album sits firmly in The Beatles catalog as an expression of extreme creativity. Almost every genre of music is represented on it and The Beatles were in high form during its creation. Its main weakness is that it is a double disc and is filled with songs that aren't really needed. I have no doubt that the album offers something for everyone but youll consistently find yourself skipping through lackluster songs to get to the classics.

failingsociety$
    "She's well acquainted with the touch of the velvet hand like a lizard on a window pane." thats on happiness is a warm gun
    rock_and_blues
    "If Sgt. Pepper took away your love for the Beatles" That album got me listening to the Beatles and it turned them into my favorite band. I don't know why anyone would lose faith through Sgt. Pepper's
    scottishmob
    For those people used to Beatles usual love songs. I'm sure Mr. Kite would disgruntle some of them. It was quite a change afterall.