The Beatles (White Album) review by The Beatles

The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album)

This is the first Beatles album that has almost as many solo songs as songs with the whole band, for example: Paul McCarntey's Blackbird, and John Lennon's Julia, songs. At the time of publishing (1968) the Beatles were coming to a point where they were drifting apart, the solo songs prove that, but the Beatles could still produce fabulous songs for example: While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Harrison), Back In The U.S.S.R (Lennon-McCartney) and many more. It is ironic that Ringo Starr, who is called the best drummer ever, was absent when Back In The U.S.S.R was made. IN fact he quit the band for a few days. The music styles vary from rock, to funny little piano songs and to chaotic songs like Helter Skelter and Revolution 9 which actually can't really be called a song.

At this time it also seemde like the Beatles were running out of their great imagination. But some of the songs still have great lyrics, for example the funny song The Continuous Story Of Bungalow Bill. The Skill's of the singers are getting better all the time, and for the first time ever I heard a nice and raunchy vocal/shout Paul McCartney.

Even though the Beatles were drifting apart and this album has some crappy songs, many still consider this as the Beatles's best album. I think this may not be their best, but it's still really good. I love the fact that this album is actually a double-album and it has 30 songs! But what I don't like is that some of the songs really do suck! Most of the solo songs suck, the only exeption would be Julia, John Lennon's ballad to his late mother. If I would lose this album, I'd definately get this one again, it's so great!

TJgreenwood
    Sgt. Peppers is the best album ever, end of story. Also how come no one mentiond "Yer Blues"? Its great!