The Beatles (White Album) review by The Beatles

The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album)

Multiple forms of jazz (Martha My Dear, Honey Pie), bluesy chord progressions (Back in the U.S.S.R., Why Don't We Do It In The Road, Birthday, Yer Blues, Revolution 1), acoustic ballads (Blackbird, I Will, Mother Nature's Son), cry baby solos (While My Guitar Gently Weeps), heavy rock (Helter Skelter), this album has it all. This album backed away from it's stimulation of psychadelic anthems and rolly-polly art, and focussed on music which dealt with their individual experiences. Paul created new unique sounds with Blackbird and Helter Skelter.

The lyrics don't really have a central theme since there was very little colaboration in the studio, besides Yer Blues. Many metaphoric social criticism concepts through songs like Glass Onion, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Piggies, Revolution 1, Savoy Truffle. There are also many songs playing on individual parody like The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill, Rocky Racoon, Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey. The Beatles were geniuses with their songwriting to make it appealing.

What is amazing about The Beatles is how they continued to reinvent themselves, pop and rock music, and still create songs that stay with listeners forever. Though this is one of, if not, the only Beatle albums without a #1 hit, these songs opened up another door of expression for future songwriters. This album must be appreciated for it's uniqueness in comparison to what was coming out at the time. While others were trying to catch up to the innovations of Sgt. Pepper's concept album, The Beatles released The White Album in contrast to their previous 2 albums showing their continuing creativity. A classic album with memorable songs that should be owned by all music lovers.

RelientKaddict
    jrthegreat91 wrote: take some acid and listen to revolution 9. Im sure that will change your opinion of the song
    I didn't take acid, and it still scared the F*&^ing hell outta me. There's just SOMETHING wrong with that song... All I have to do is repeat the intro to my sister (Number nine... Number nine...) and she gets chills. Not the good kind of chills either. If you listen to a song in a perfect state of mind and it makes you want to cry, it's a baaaaad song. Other than that, good album, but, nowhere near The Beatles' best album. Try "Beatles '65" or it's UK equivalent "Beatles For Sale" or even "Meet The Beatles" Now THOSE are their best albums!!!!! Either those, or "Please Please Me" or "Hard Day's Night". Man, I wish George were still alive. Nobody could take a twelve-string and to something like that but him. Stuff like "Blackbird", and quite a few others, showed Paul's musical genius.