With The Beatles review by The Beatles

• Released: Nov 22, 1963
The Beatles: With The Beatles

With The Beatles, the fab four's second UK album just sounds a tad better than their debut LP 'Please Please Me'. Please Please Me was recorded in a day, but they took a bit more care with the second album. The musical and lyrical style stayed pretty much the same, with 12 of the 14 songs about love in some form or another. This album contained more use of a piano in songs like 'Money' and 'Not a Second Time'. So the overall sound is the same as Please Please Me, but the instrumentation sound has improved slightly which makes the album more enjoyable than the first.

When you want good lyrics and singing, there is no better band to listen to than The Beatles. John Lennon leads 5 songs, Paul leads 3, George leads 2 and Ringo sings lead in 'I Wanna Be Your Man'. John has a 'Twist and Shout' style approach in the song 'Money (That's What I Want)', the last verse is nothing short of screaming, but it's good screaming! The combined lead vocals include 'Little Child', 'Hold Me Tight' and "Devil in her Heart'. Nothing at all will disappoint the listener as regards singing and lyrics on this album, top notch stuff from the lads!

Overall it is a very good album, probably their best in their first couple of years, I think it beats Please Please Me, but both are still very good. The best songs from the album are "Money", "I Wanna Be Your Man" and "It Won't Be Long". I love the way they kept things so simple, but yet made everything sound complex at the same time, There is absolutely nothing I don't like about this album. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again. If I had to recommend an album to anyone who wanted to buy a Beatles album, this would be in the top 3 I would recommend.

Jacksabbath_44
    Money (That's What I Want) is a cover too, but even all 3 songs are reviewable xd... great covers, there are a lot more
    flame_mc
    hnfan4eva wrote: why is a review being posted about this now?
    because it was hard to post in the 60's, i supose
    lupacante
    RokkGuitarist50 wrote: What about Roll over Beethoven and Till There Was You? Those are also very good .
    well neither of them were written by the beatles, both covers
    Altered_Carbon
    With the Beatles is easily the best of their early pop albums. All the soul covers, the originals are hella catchy, like, goddamn. It's so good.