Live From Sofia, Bulgaria [DVD] review by The Big 4

• Released: Oct 29, 2010
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
The Big 4: Live From Sofia, Bulgaria [DVD]

First Off let me say that I love The Big 4: Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax, my 4 favorite bands in 1 concert! I couldn't resist buying it. These bands are known as The Big Four Of Thrash Metal, because they pretty much invented it, This was filmed in Sofia, Bulgaria, it was broadcasted around the world, and was later made into a DVD to be released.

Content — 10
I bought the box set, it came with: A Big 4 poster, a 72 page book, a picture of each band (Four in total) the 5 hour concert on DVD, 5 CD's containing all the music that was performed, and underneath all that, at the very bottom of the box set is a Big 4 Guitar Pick. But lets talk about the setlist: Anthrax 01. Caught In A Mosh 02. Got the Time 03. Madhouse 04. Be All, End All 05. Antisocial 06. Indians/Heaven And Hell 07. Medusa 08. Only 09. Metal Thrashing Mad 10. I Am The Law Megadeth 01. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due 02. Hangar 18 03. Wake Up Dead 04. Head Crusher 05. In My Darkest Hour 06. Skin O' My Teeth 07. A Tout Le Monde 08. Hook In Mouth 09. Trust 10. Sweating Bullets 11. Symphony Of Destruction 12. Peace Sells/Holy Wars Reprise Slayer 01. World Painted Blood 02. Jihad 03. War Ensemble 04. Hate Worldwide 05. Seasons In The Abyss 06. Angel of Death 07. Beauty Through Order 08. Disciple 09. Mandatory Suicide 10. Chemical Warfare 11. South of Heaven 12. Raining Blood Metallica 01. Creeping Death 02. For Whom The Bell Tolls 03. Fuel 04. Harvester Of Sorrow 05. Fade To Black 06. That Was Just Your Life 07. Cyanide 08. Sad But True 09. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) 10. All Nightmare Long 11. One 12. Master Of Puppets 13. Blackened 14. Nothing Else Matters 15. Enter Sandman Encore: 16. Am I Evil? (with The Big Four, except for Tom Araya, Jeff Hanneman, and Kerry King) 17. Hit The Lights 18. Seek and Destroy There is also a documentary on the concert which shows what was going on behind the stage.

Production Quality — 10
The camera work is great, it rains during Megadeth's performance, but the camera was not blurred, the dynamic camera is awesome It captures the performance was, the DVD might not be Blu-Ray but the quality is amazing, the sound it great, when I use it with my surround sound theater, I believe I'm right there watching them, it's a hypnotic feeling.

If it were stolen, I'd track them down, I can't rebuy it since the value of the Box Set went up, after all it was a limited box set, I love that this was worth the money, 5 CD's is worth $50, the guitar pick is around $20, the pictures around $10, the book is worth about another $10, the DVD is worth around $30, the poster is worth around $10, not to mention it's a collectors' item, it paid $50 for it at a borders liquidation sale, so I was happy to have this, How does it compare to other Box sets? It doesn't this box set it one of my favorite items, I watch it very often, because it's my favorite bands, my favorite songs, all in one box set that comes with extra stuff, the most impressive thing about it is that I actually think that I'm there, the camera work, the sound quality, it's breath taking, it's like having the best seat in the house. If you love any of these bands, buy it, because watching your favorite bands on stage together is one of the coolest things you'll see. I recommend it.