Live From Sofia, Bulgaria [DVD] Review

artist: The Big 4 date: 05/28/2012 category: compact discs
The Big 4: Live From Sofia, Bulgaria [DVD]
Release Date: October 29, 2010
Essentially, it's just a very good DVD of four very good metal bands: Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax, in 1 concert! These bands are known as The Big Four Of Thrash Metal, because they pretty much invented it.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 9
 9.5
 9.7
 9.2
 1,000
Live From Sofia, Bulgaria [DVD] Reviewed by: DJ_Effrey, on march 22, 2011

Sound: I think anyone who knows metal knows the story surrounding these four bands; Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica have pioneered the development of metal music from the end of the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM) movement until today, so it was about time that they all got on stage together, and it was only fitting that they shared this conccert with the rest of the world. It doesn't dissappoint. The music itself is very well played; you can see why these bands have been going for almost thirty years. The recording is very good as well; the atmosphere of the crowd is fairly well captured, but what is most important (the music) is captured very clearly. Even Dave Mustaine's voice (which I often find unbearable) sounds pretty good, although it does get a bit whiney on "Hook In Mouth." All in all, a very well recorded metal concert. // 10

Overall Impression: I don't really know what to compare it to, seeing as there aren't many similar DVDs out there, and I certainly don't own any. Essentially, it's just a very good DVD of four very good metal bands. It's hard to single out one impressive feature. Seeing such a big, energetic crowd is always something I admire, and seeing these guys "do their thing" is always amazing. If this was stolen/lost/scratched/all of the above, I'd certainly do my best to get another copy; I have watched it more than once, listened to it more than I can count, and will continue to enjoy it. If you like thrash metal, I'd recommend this; it's certainly one of my favourite DVD/concerts. // 9

Live From Sofia, Bulgaria [DVD] Reviewed by: alejandro1010, on may 28, 2012

Sound: First Off let me say that I love The Big 4: Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax, my 4 favorite bands in 1 concert! I couldn't resist buying it. These bands are known as The Big Four Of Thrash Metal, because they pretty much invented it, This was filmed in Sofia, Bulgaria, it was broadcasted around the world, and was later made into a DVD to be released. // 10

Overall Impression: If it were stolen, I'd track them down, I can't rebuy it since the value of the Box Set went up, after all it was a limited box set, I love that this was worth the money, 5 CD's is worth $50, the guitar pick is around $20, the pictures around $10, the book is worth about another $10, the DVD is worth around $30, the poster is worth around $10, not to mention it's a collectors' item, it paid $50 for it at a borders liquidation sale, so I was happy to have this, How does it compare to other Box sets? It doesn't this box set it one of my favorite items, I watch it very often, because it's my favorite bands, my favorite songs, all in one box set that comes with extra stuff, the most impressive thing about it is that I actually think that I'm there, the camera work, the sound quality, it's breath taking, it's like having the best seat in the house. If you love any of these bands, buy it, because watching your favorite bands on stage together is one of the coolest things you'll see. I recommend it. // 10

Comments