Violet review by The Birthday Massacre

• Released: Aug 9, 2005
The Birthday Massacre: Violet

This album recently converted in one of my favourites ever, The Birthday Massacre is a creative band and every gothic teenager, specially the girls, will love to death to this band, they're awesome, and "Violet" is the proof, probably their best album. The production repently have getting so much better than the previous album, here're 2 tracks from "Nothing and Nowhere" that put it again in this album, that are the two greatest hits of the band, "Happy Birthday" and "Horror Show," but are a remake.

And don't forget to talk about music, oh god, i never think that the synthpop of '80s combined with all the dirty industrial rock type of Marilyn Manson, Killing Joke or Nine Inch Nails could be sound so fucking good, "Horror Show" probably should be enter in one of these pirate "Greatest hits of '80's." Yeah, but this isn't bullshit, the gothic elements are presents too, specially in excellent songs like "Lovers End" and "Blue," making it more dark. Some industrial rock moments are presents too, specially in the single "Blue," which is one of the most recognizable songs of the band.

"Violet" is simply a mixture between synthpop of '80s with gothic and alternative elements, the music is excellent, and his very, very dark.

Chibi is a fantastic gothic singer, I love her voice, and is so hot (look her legs, :F, well, xD), but sincerely I love much more the whispers of her, scares a little, but is amazing, specially in songs like "Lover End," "Happy Birthday" and the amazing single, "Blue." Also the lyrics makes this album a kind of a teenage movie of horror, with lyrics that talks of ex-boyfriends ("Horror Show"), murder ("Happy Birthday"), self-danger ("Play Dead"), and other themes that all the band dominates with a strange, creepy and beautiful way, very, very catchy.

The Birthday Massacre are a very different band, put 10 seconds of a song of them to any other specialized in music and he knows after the 3 seconds that are them. The sound of this band is original, something unique, equal all of his covers, which are beautiful too, I've consider to this band a synthpop revival with much elements of industrial rock and gothic alternatives. I love the music, but I love Chibi too (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Hehe. The most impressive songs of the album are "Lovers End," "Happy Birthday," "Horror Show," "Play Dead" and "Blue" but I love the whole album and that is so much. This amazing album I recommend, specially for the gothic teenager audience, specially the girls, you will love, so much this album. Well, if catches you, you will love all the band.

russellfvckingcrowe
    Fuck Chibi. That bean son of a bitch wired my stereo wrong, and impregnated my fat sister. Now he wears makeup and sings Rape Me as an encore