Nocturnal review by The Black Dahlia Murder

• Released: Sep 18, 2007
The Black Dahlia Murder: Nocturnal

There old album miasma was one of the best albums I heard in death metal today, but when nocturnal hit the shelves and stores I was stunned, I was stunned by the new sound and potential they put into there creation of music. There are many different styles used in this new album from vocals, screaming, drumming, soloing, riffs and many more. This album has so much new things added to it.

There lyrics are as usual as any other death metal would sing or scream. But they are different they use screaming and growling like vocals, compliance in the lyrics are different from there old stuff. They added new soundings and recording skill to there music. The singers skill is much better then the last of there albums. New screaming/better and better growling. I actually like these lyrics way better then there old lyrics from the other albums. Best yet.

Compare TBDM to no one 'cause they have there own style of music. The most impressive about this CD is there new sound, style and skill. I love how they have new lyrics, riffs and soundings and the best of it they don't give up, I dislike how they have some songs that sound the same like other bands sound. Other then that it's pretty good overall. If this CD was stolen I would buy like 3 more and give 2 of them to a friend to listen to. The best CD I purchased yet.

NosferatuZodd09
    hm the 7.7 review... hm... except the fact this cd has no break downs, the tremolo is used in a more atmospheric way, but iguess its a valid opinion... i agree though Miasma was really different, i dont think slaughter of the soul, ever, with this cd though, that comparison is too far fetched, not the vocals either... i think this album just has a really different feel, and less pointless pedal riffs like unhallowed had... it just doesnt have that metalcore vibe
    Pretty_Much
    'what a horrible night to have a curse' is AMAZING. it would be even better if the guy didnt scream, but w/e its still awesome!
    >>Eric<<
    ... TBDM is good, but idk about this album. It sounds like a step down from Unhallowed. still love TBDM tho.