Magic Potion review by The Black Keys

• Released: Sep 12, 2006
The Black Keys: Magic Potion

The Black Keys have thrown at us a jaw-dropping album by the name of The Magic Potion. Although I'll start of saying something negative about it, that most of the songs sound the same. But on the other hand, quick riffs, slow ballads and mind-blowing guitar. Because it's a two man band you might think. "Huh! They won't be great!" But you'll be surprised. To compare them to another band it would be Audioslave, they copy there sound and technique but change it around and give you a sound that you think "Can one person play that!?" I totally would recommend this.

Lyrics are quite good. They don't base it around what normal rock bands are about like girls, money and death. they base it around different things like in "You're The One." He bases it around when he was thirteen his ma said he'd be the one. Black keys have brought up a new way of rock!

My favourite track has got to be "You're The One". It's a soft ballad which is very easy to pick up in guitar and drums. Black keys have brought out another class album that has good sound lyrics and it comes with a picture-booklet that shows them playing in a very small basement like place which is cluttered and run down. It has 11 ripping songs, 43 minutes of pure rock music. Buy this, recommended.

TJgreenwood
    This album is pretty poor. On the other hand, Elevator is one of their best songs to date.
    bob dylan123
    If you like THE BLACK KEYS you will also like AUDIOSLAVE and THE RACONTEURS. Both very good and well known bands.
    mike_anderson25
    Shi i only heard bout these guys a few weeks ago and i like em, The wite stripes is my favourite band ever ever ever, but these guys are a nice alternative, and i can play most of their stuff on da guitar hehe
    DWC
    DrewMeyer
    DWC wrote: I agree thickfreakness was amazing. This is one great too! Check out my band on facebook "Purple Baby Llama Fetus Experiment" working title...
    Hmm, that seems a bit hard to chant when everyone is waiting for you to come on stage.