Rubber Factory review by The Black Keys

• Released: Sep 7, 2004
The Black Keys: Rubber Factory

Rubber Factory is the third album by blues-rock duo, The Black Keys. It continues the Black Keys' tradition of raw, heavily blues-influenced indie rock. Rubber Factory was recorded in an abandoned warehouse in the Black Key's hometown of Akron, Ohio; and like previous album Thickfreakness, it was recorded and produced by Patrick Carney. From start to finish, the album does not let down, with the raw guitars making up for the lack of a Bass Guitar. The album sounds very vintage as it was recorded on analogue recording equipment.

Auerbach's raw vocals, suit the raw guitars, and the funky drum rhythms. His vocals tell stories in songs such as Stack Shot Billy which tells the story of when Stack shot Billy! The vocals create a lasting impression that sits with each individual song.

Rubber Factory is an important album in The Black Keys career, housing some of their most important songs such as 10.A.M Automatic, Stack Shot Billy, Girl Is On My Mind and Till I Get What I Want. I love this album because of the raw, vintage Blues Rock that hasn't been truely seen since the '70s from bands such as Led Zeppelin. If it were lost, I would buy it again in an instant.