Hope review by The Blackout

• Released: Apr 4, 2011
The Blackout: Hope

It sounds awesome. They've improved alot since the last album. And have a good variety of sound from the more heavy songs like *This Is Our Time* To more softer songs like *The Last Goodbye* Some of the songs remind me a little bit of Lostprophets. Which is great because Lostprophets are amazing too, and you can see who really influences The Blackout. It's great that they mixed in rap from Hyro Da Hero with some scream and rock. Which slightly reminds me of Limp Bizkit. (Also another of their influences).

The lyrics in this album are alot more darker. And by darker I mean deeper. They've progressed LOTS since the last album. Making their album have more of a meaning. The album "Hope" links to us all. And the songs are lyrically brilliant. They show their own views of hope in some songs. As well as other views such as in *Never By Your Side* which shows the hope of God in people. Which shows their repect and awareness for people's beliefs. Making their lyrics better to listen to. As you know they mean something. The Blackout did really well in lyric's.

Obviously as I have said it shows their influences of Lostprophets and Limp Bizkit. But they've definitely made something of their own that they should be proud of. My personal favourite songs are *This Is Our Time*. *The Last Goodbye* And *The Storm*. The storm ends the album beautifully and I was pleasantly suprised when I heard it. I don't hate anything of this album. Its brilliantly put together. With great album artwork. And If it were stolen I'd DEFINITELY buy a new one.

tofercloud
    Heard that higher and higher song, the hyro da hero bit was a pretty random but the song was pretty awesome. saw these supporting lostprophets about 5 years ago in liverpool, concert was sick XD
    ncregan
    Couldn't have said it better. Seen these guys play on Sunday and they were awesome. Just non stop rock. I didn't get into this album first time I heard it but its growing on me quite a bit and I think it even might have some of their best songs on it. Great album and great band
    alexnye
    i think the review could be slightly more neutral. :s its a good album but not perfect, most certainly not a 9.7...
    Reign77
    MatimusX wrote: This reviewer. really likes. full stops.
    maybe he has the hiccups