Silent Treatment review by The Bled

• Released: Sep 25, 2007
The Bled: Silent Treatment

The Bled's latest release, Silent Treatment, is nothing to scoff at. Although the band has become extremely popular, sharing the stage with mainstream bands like Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance, they haven't strayed from their unique take on hardcore/metalcore sound. This album is The Bled's most accessible effort, appealing to those who like crushing breakdowns and metal-infused riffery as well as soaring, melodic choruses and witty hooks. It is the perfect blend of their signature sound with a mainstream kick that actually doesn't suck.

The lyrics are filled with the same clever wit and creativity seen on The Bled's previous releases. Cryptic and dark, yet charming and enjoyable on a mass scale, the lyrics do not disappoint. They fit the music well. James Muoz singing has improved and sounds great. His growls and screams have a raspyness to it which helps define The Bled's unique sound.

I think this is The Bled's finest album. It takes the best aspects of all their previous efforts and meshes it into one amazing listen. Their signature style clearly sets them apart from the others. I can't think of a band they can be compared to. It's difficult to place the Bled in one category due to the diversity found in their music. James Muoz says, "...it's heavy music, but we try to do it in different way. We don't know what to call it." Their signature style clearly sets them apart from other bands. This album will attract old and new fans alike. After one listen, you'll be begging for more. I swear. Standout tracks include: "Shadetree Mechanics", "You Should Be Ashamed Of Myself", "Starving Artiste", and "My Bitter Half."

sweetpeasuzie
    The Bled have a single on the latest Resident Evil soundtrack. I loved it. Thank God that The Bled want to preserve hardcore/nu metal. They found a middle ground which keeps their music aggressive and melodic. Thanks Jonathan for the review. I really wanted to know how people felt about the Silent Treatment. It's a review that convinced me The Bled are worth my money.
    jonathanonfire
    i wouldn't say they are trying to preserve nu-metal.. but they are trying to make hardcore/metalcore more accessible, while still keeping it heavy, which can't be said for a lot of bands that are as popular as the bled.