How I Spent My Summer Vacation review by The Bouncing Souls

• Released: May 22, 2001
The Bouncing Souls: How I Spent My Summer Vacation

This album just simply sounds great. The production is perfect, the instruments sound awesome, and everything is just how it should be. Every single song is great. The only problem is that many of them sound very similar, which is why I gave it a 9 instead of 10. But besides that, this album just sounds great. It's pop-punk, but it has more in common with the Dropkick Murphys or the Ramones than Fallout Boy. They've been around for quite a while (since 1987), but they still made great music in 2001, and their new stuff is consistently good.

The lyrics go with the music perfectly. They pretty much all deal with relationships, from the buddies in "Manthem" and "True Believers" to girlfriends in "Better Life" and "Break-up Song". They're good lyrics too, they don't just go with the music, and they have catchy hooks that you'll always remember. Their singer isn't technically great, but he sounds really cool, and he's perfect for the music.

This is, in my opinion, the Bouncing Souls' best album. It's just so great, every song is awesome. However, the song that stood out in front of all the others was "True Believers", one of my favorite songs from any band. That being said, there is no song on the CD that comes close to being bad. I used to listen to this album every day at work. If it were stolen or lost, I'd run as fast as I could to go get another one.

Pezcore
    I also love this album to bits, there's nothing that can quite touch you emotionally as being in a crowd at a Bouncing Souls gig while they play True Believers, it's just amazing. good live band.
    alex0202123
    awesome album and awesome band, not hardcore punk but some earlier songs have hardcore like parts