The Bravery review by The Bravery

• Released: Mar 22, 2005
The Bravery: The Bravery

The Bravery is an amazing band. Their sound is very much techno, progressive rock. They somewhat sound like a more driving version of The Killers. The artists voice is bass which is rare among rock singers, the guitarist is wonderful and left handed so what you hear out of his guitar for some reason is a big difference in sound than what you hear normally. The bass guitar is not in the back ground at all, in fact it is one of them most prominent insturments in the CD. The synthesizer is amazing, I've never heard a synthesizer sound so good because most of the time they are just plain flamboyant and cheesy. From start to finish this music will want to make you move. This CD is awesome, it puts all of the elements of the band together perfectly, which is hard to do when the music is so driving. This CD definetly earns a 5 out of 5 for sound.

The lyrics are playful, often rhyming. They flow into the music wonderfully, all of the singing matches the feeling of the music creating a awesome unity among the whole band. The singer is a bass vocalist when he sings normally. He often pulls out an uncracking, soothing falsetto, which flows wonderfully with the synth and guitars treble notes. The singer is not Steve Perry quality, but his voice definetly fits in with the rest of the insturments sounds.

This CD is the best progressive/techno music I've heard out of a band. This genre is rapidly growing with The Killers at it's head, but The Bravery blow The Killers away with their driving powerful music. The most impressive songs from the alblum to me are: No Brakes, The No Ring Song, Unconditional, and Fearless. All of the songs on this alblum are wonderful so it's hard to point out the best. I love how everything is driving when it needs to be, and not when it doesn't. The drums are loud, extremely loud in some tracks, but don't over power the vocals, the bass is loud when it needs to be, and when a guitar solo is needed the guitarist steps up. The only thing I hate about this album is when it's over. If this CD was stolen from I would most certianly pick it up again. The Bravery is a good find, and I would reccommend it to anyone who likes The Killers.