The Bravery Review

The Bravery: The Bravery
Released: Mar 29, 2005
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Rock, Alternative Pop/Rock
The Bravery isn't sonically mind-blowing, but the new millennium new wave revival remains intriguing. This New York five-piece makes an interesting effort without it coming off contrived and dishonest.
 Lyrics: 9.3
 9.7
 9.8
 9.6
reviews (3) 1 comment vote for this album:
The Bravery Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 25, 2005

Sound: The Bravery is an amazing band. Their sound is very much techno, progressive rock. They somewhat sound like a more driving version of The Killers. The artists voice is bass which is rare among rock singers, the guitarist is wonderful and left handed so what you hear out of his guitar for some reason is a big difference in sound than what you hear normally. The bass guitar is not in the back ground at all, in fact it is one of them most prominent insturments in the CD. The synthesizer is amazing, I've never heard a synthesizer sound so good because most of the time they are just plain flamboyant and cheesy. From start to finish this music will want to make you move. This CD is awesome, it puts all of the elements of the band together perfectly, which is hard to do when the music is so driving. This CD definetly earns a 5 out of 5 for sound. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are playful, often rhyming. They flow into the music wonderfully, all of the singing matches the feeling of the music creating a awesome unity among the whole band. The singer is a bass vocalist when he sings normally. He often pulls out an uncracking, soothing falsetto, which flows wonderfully with the synth and guitars treble notes. The singer is not Steve Perry quality, but his voice definetly fits in with the rest of the insturments sounds. // 8

Overall Impression: This CD is the best progressive/techno music I've heard out of a band. This genre is rapidly growing with The Killers at it's head, but The Bravery blow The Killers away with their driving powerful music. The most impressive songs from the alblum to me are: No Brakes, The No Ring Song, Unconditional, and Fearless. All of the songs on this alblum are wonderful so it's hard to point out the best. I love how everything is driving when it needs to be, and not when it doesn't. The drums are loud, extremely loud in some tracks, but don't over power the vocals, the bass is loud when it needs to be, and when a guitar solo is needed the guitarist steps up. The only thing I hate about this album is when it's over. If this CD was stolen from I would most certianly pick it up again. The Bravery is a good find, and I would reccommend it to anyone who likes The Killers. // 10

The Bravery Reviewed by: hendrix101, on july 08, 2005

Sound: The sound of this album is great. They have kind of a techoish/modern rock thing going on. A lot of people say they remind you of the Killers and I've even heard Duran Duran, but I don't hear it (I guess it's just me). It's cool that they are being compared to bands that don't really suck, but I like to look at them as having their own individual sound. It's not something you hear everyday. // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics are very cool. Me personally I love the lyrics to Tyrant, Unconditional, and Out Of Line. Maybe because I can relate to them alot, but all lyrics are pretty decent. Some may think that PPA (Public Service Announcement) is a bit immature, but hey, who doesn't like to have fun w/things every once in a while. Two thumbs up for me. // 10

Overall Impression: This albim is definately worth buying. When I bought it I honestly couldn't put it down, I still listen to it like crazy now. I absolutely love everything about this album. The Bravery has one hell of a guitarist and bassist by the way, and the volcalist and drummer are to die for. In the future I would love to see them accomplish 150% more than they already have because they are truely 5 amazing guys and I wish them all the success in the world. // 10

The Bravery Reviewed by: Indie_Legend, on july 11, 2005

Sound: This album for me is one of the best of the year, I love it from the circus sounding intro of "Fearless" to the amazing synth sound of "Swollen Summer." This album has a sound which not many albums can do, it's amazing (could I say it any more). // 10

Lyrics: Lyrics dont get much better than they do in single "Honest Mistake." It's not really the lyrics themself but there meaning and emotion which make you feel connected to the music. // 10

Overall Impression: Personally I think this band is amazing, for a band compared frequently to the killers they are much better and it is no surprise that Brandon Flowers (lead singer of The Killers) feels threatned by The Bravery. The main song on this album is "Honest Mistake" but there are loads more gems in this cd for example "swollen summer, fearless, unconditional, public service announcement." Please buy this album they are a superb band! // 10

Comments