The Sun and the Moon review by The Bravery

• Released: May 22, 2007
The Bravery: The Sun and the Moon

This album is probable one of the most overlooked of the year, which is a shame because it skillfully transposes stories of teenage love and life's mysteries in it's mind numbingly beautiful sound-scapes. With catchy synth riffs reminiscent of their self-title album they revisit a style they've clearly developed into a well thought out sound with interesting guitar licks, and simplistically genius bass riffs overlaid with sincere and honest vocals of Sam Endicott.

The lyrics uncannily flow with the well developed instrumental chorus. They do however repeat often throughout the course of one song. But there's little complaint because the vocals of Sam Endicott pull it off well. We even get to hear a beautiful acoustic side of a once tagged "Synth-Pop-Rock" group in the song "Tragedy Bound" with lyrics beautiful yet sorrowful lyrics, amplified by a well played acoustic guitar and string accompaniment.

I was nothing short of amazed with the the growth of The Bravery in this amazing and well developed album. They capture the ears and hearts of listeners in an imaginative and young sound-scape and you'll have trouble escaping. They have easily surpassed their own album and set a bar for the indie-rock/pop rock genres, The Killers should keep an eye out for this steam building band.

stumaster18
    Great review. This is an awesome CD. Such good bass lines! p.s. they're 100 times better than the Killers.
    SchitzoJoe
    Not many reviews yet, but User reviews show it's only a 6.3 overall rating. That kinda blows. But who knows? One man's trash is another's treasure.
    rhcpfan118
    this is an undoubtedly great album, in my opinion it is better than their first one, although it had plenty of hits in it. this is a more pop oriented album, which doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. a lot of the songs are more memorable than in the last attempt with their self titled debut. 9 out of 10 in my opinion. and they are unbelievably great live, i just got to see them last week and wow. so energetic live, they draw out a huge crowd too, if you get a chance... see them live, while they are relatively unknown.
    Infamou$17
    My expectations were let down faster than a thong in a Jenna Jameson video... Nice bass lines, but everything else was sub-par and the album has a completely unoriginal, trite sound to it that their self-titled album definitely did not have... I'm hoping that the next album will break the sophomore slump and go back to the unique sounds that they do best.
    sopranoman1771
    I have the first album and i saw these guys live, it was amazing. I have one song from this album and it's really good!
    WeezyToaster
    I feel this band will become big and i do reccomend seeing them live now they put on a great energetic show.
    Schmeg Junior
    I love this band! This is possibly one of the best Albums of the year period. I wsa hoping to see soem more of the Techno side on songs like Every Word Is A Knife In My Ear. But, I still love al laspects of teh album, Tragedy Bound is a Beautiful Song. But, they balance it with the Catchiness of tracks like Believe and Angelina. Great CD. Nice Review.