The Sun and the Moon review by The Bravery

• Released: May 22, 2007
The Bravery: The Sun and the Moon

This is one of the most original sounding albums I have heard in a long time. It's completely new sounding and it's great. The songs are not as dance oriented as the first album, more rock, but they still have the killer synthesizer sounds that make it so unique. There are still songs that remind you of the first album but it also explores new musical landscape, something a lot of bands today would never do.

The lyrics at first impression may seem like fillers for the music, but really they are very sincere and well written. The songs cover topics such as felling alone, death, and even an abused teenage girl. Of course there are your always present love songs and overall the lyrics are great topped of with the excellent vocals of lead singer Sam Endicott.

This is one of the best albums of the last decade in my opinion. A completely new sound that gives rock 'n' roll something to look forward to. Every song is strong and there are a number of potential singles. The high points of the album are Believe, which is already a rising single, Time wont let me go, and Above and Below, which shows off the bands new, more rock based sound blended with the synthesizer. Overall a great album by a band we will be hearing a lot more of soon.

nefarity
    the 2 albums have rather different sounds so its pretty hard to compare. imo, i prefer this one. it has better lyrics as well. time wont let me go is an awesome song with good lyrics. fistful of sand as well.
    Kai07
    I really loved these 2 CD's. Haven't stopped listening to these for 4 months =] even got em signed by the band =D \m/ rock on Bravery!