Burn This World review by The Browning

• Released: Oct 4, 2011
The Browning: Burn This World

It is no secret that most metal heads hold no love for dubstep, or any electronic music in general. However, this album may change some peoples feelings towards the genre. Now don't get me wrong, this is not just electronic. This is a full on metal album, toned down guitar, harsh vocal, etc. However, in this album, the guitar take a back seat to electronic riffs. The best way to convey to describe their music is Trance-metal. And while they are not the first band to mix the two genres, they do it in a refreshing and cool way. However, don't let the thought of electronic scare you into giving this band a pass. This is one of the heaviest albums that I have heard, and it is one of the most original albums I have had in a long time. The mixing is done so no instrument overpowers the others, and the vocals are always prominent. The electronic elements are done in a way that it flows while being heavy, and in the song "Ashamed", there are even a few wubs. Its nice and heavy, and you can't ask for much more than that.

The lyrics are nice, they flow with the music, they talk about a variety of subjects, and you can't ask for much more than that. One song talks about getting on with your life, while another talks about vampires (But not the stupid twilight ones). You can tell that the lyrics take some inspiration from the music, as many parts are repeated, but it flows with the music, and does not detract from the quality of the lyrics. The lead vocalist does a nice job with the vocals. His growls and screams are nice and low, and really complete the package.

This band manages to take two different genres and combine them into a package that will appeal to both parties. However, in the end, this is definitely a metal album. All the songs on the album are all nice, the standouts being "Bloodlust", "Time Will Tell", "The Sadist", and "I Choose You". Any complaint I can come up with is really just me nitpicking. It's not perfect, but it's comes really close. Give this album a chance, and you will be blown away.

EpiExplorer
    Its complete rubbish, the production is bad, the riffs are bad, the vocals are generic, the lyrics aren't that good, and the electronics are really dull, insanely dull and are out of place. This is essentially Emmure + badly added synths.
    Vinushka
    The Browning is an appropriate name, as they're effectively turning the music industry to shit.
    N-D
    I personally don't inspired with it (despite the fact that I love both metal and electronic music), but at least this band have their own sound and some experiments...
    embi
    love it! excelent work. Bonus track 'the broken' is the deepest song I ever heared... awesome lyrics!
    DarkndsKY3
    i got to say i go through diffrent phases of music like through diffrent genres like metal-core, heavy metal, death meatl, nu metal, hard-core. this genre is new to me and suprised me i say it's good but some parts arn't. i wouldn't mind seeing these guys live they seem heavy!!
    Camron62\m/
    I love this band, as i'm also a big fan of various electronica. To incorporate that into hella heavy metalcore... these guys would put on a kick-ass show. FULL BLAST. solid 9