The Roman Candle [EP] Review

4.7
 8.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
The Roman Candle [EP] Reviewed by: Poisongrl, on january 19, 2012

Sound: This 6 piece band are from Central Valley, CA. They have a great and interesting sound which they refer to as Jivecore. They released "The Roman Candle" late 2011..is it burning bright, or looking dim?.. Opening with "Severance 2.0" which has great guitar licks, beats and melodic riffs. A good introduction to the band. Coming in at just under 2 minutes, this track keeps it short but sweet! // 8

Lyrics: "The Trip" consists of synths sounds, great guitar work, with a mix of clean and scream vocals and lots of dynamic tempo changes. Nothing not to like really! I especially like the creepy piano bit at the end... Very unexpected! The strangely titled, "Pachinko" again shows some great guitar licks, as shown throughout. I'm really digging their tones and production. Quite unique in places. "Brought To You By Cinco" - really loving the main riff in this song!.. Very memorable! Lots of twists and turns, great structure and mastering! Possibly my favourite song on the EP. The brilliantly titled "Swagger Jagger" is by far the heaviest track on the album. Another highlight for me. // 8

Overall Impression: Its hard to find anything to dislike about this EP. All tracks are creative and well produced. I think this band have an awesome and overall quite unique sound! Have a listen and see for yourselves! For fans of: Stray From The Path, Attila, Dance Gavin Dance, Fall Of Troy, A Day To Remember. "The Roman Candle" is available on iTunes and Spotify. // 9

Comments