Live In Italy [DVD] Review

artist: The Calling date: 01/14/2005 category: compact discs
The Calling: Live In Italy [DVD]
Released: November 2, 2004
Rather then 2 hours of a band standing on a stage singing songs, this DVD collection takes the viewer on a journey, a tour of Italy, as we follow The Calling with lead singer Alex Band through the city scapes and countryside of Italy.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 10
 8.4
 6.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Live In Italy [DVD] Reviewed by: sirgeordie, on january 14, 2005

Sound: Known for their melodic and deep music, The Calling have built up an army of die-hard fans worldwide. Although their biggest fan base is argubly Brazil, the band have ventured to Italy to record some intimate acoustic songs from their debut album Camino Palmero. The Calling's music has won over legions of fans, and this DVD makes full use of singer Alex Band's unique voice. The DVD is from the "Music In High Places" series and the Calling aren't the first to be subject to these street acoustic sessions. Considering that all the songs are played in back alleys, riversides and Italian plazas, the sound never falters and everyone can be heard perfectly. // 10

Overall Impression: I love The Calling, so to be honest this review is a bit biased, but I don't feel anyone can deny the fact that Alex and Aaron have formed a truly amazing band with heartfelt songs that anyone can relate to. Alex's vocals can melt even the hardest heart and the intimate performances are guaranteed to entertain. I thoroughly enjoyed this DVD, although I would recommend it only to major fans of the band because basically not everyone likes them. But if you do, this is a truly impressive DVD and worth the hefty price (12 in England). // 10

Comments