The Fiancee review by The Chariot

• Released: Apr 3, 2007
The Chariot: The Fiancee

The Chariot is one of the best hardcore bands out there. A lot of people compare them to Norma Jean because the chariot's frontman used to be in Norma Jean. Well, the only Norma Jean I would ever listen to are the stuff with the now Chariot frontman. The Fiancee is the Chariot's best release out there. I also like the fact that the track names make a huge oxymoron.

The lyrics are just too darn good. They have everything lyrics should have. Humor, Spirital meaning, and just about things in life. He also combines humor aand Spirital meaning when he writes,"Churches Got Nuns, Cowboys Got Guns, and everyone's waiting to die". The screamer is very good and you can hear his skills on "And Shot Each Other" were he screams for ten seconds. Also a choir is brought in on "And Shot Each Other" and "The Trumpet" It's very random, but that's really what the Chariot is about aside from God.

Overall, this album is good. I wouldn't compare it to Underoath's, "Define the Great Line", but I will say it beats anything by Norma Jean or As Cities Burn. I already have it burned on my computer, so I wouldn't buy it again if it were stolen.