Unsung [EP] Review

The Chariot: Unsung [EP]
Release Date: Dec 6, 2005
Label: Solid State
Genres: Alternative CCM, Alternative Metal, Post-Hardcore
This is a tide-over release, something to tie in with Chariot's continued touring.
 8.8
 9.3
 8.3
review (1) 14 comments vote for this album:
Unsung [EP] Reviewed by: large_slug, on december 10, 2007

Sound: The Unsung EP is mostly remakes of songs from The Chariot's first album. I like this album because it gives a more sophisticated edge to their songs. The two new songs, 'Yanni Depp' and 'Kenny Gibler (Play The Piano Like a Disease which is on 'The Fiancee' but goes by the name 'Then Came To Kill')' are pretty good. 'Yanni Depp' is short but sweet and 'Kenny Gibler' is a little too drawn out. The songs that are remade are: 'Before There Was Atlanta, There Was Douglasville', 'Goodnight My Lady and Forever Farewell', 'Die Interviewer (I'm Only Speaking German)', and 'The Company, The Comfort, The Grave'. Overall, this album sounds like The Chariot's first but more put together. // 9

Lyrics: One I love about The Chariot is there lyrics. Most of the lyrics are old but my favorite line in 'Yanni Depp' is: 'all we are, are crocodiles'. It's a nice view on people. I'm guessing it refers to the agressiveness of humans. In 'Kenny Gibler' I enjoy the line: 'fight priest, fight. take pictures'. It kind of rolls off the tongue wihtout making any sense. Another thing I like about The Chariot are their song names (like the song that's name was like 3 sentences long in their first and how the songs are a poem in their third). On this album they are a combination of celebrities names. They are: 'Yanni Depp', 'Phil Cosby', 'Vin Affleck', 'Kenny Gibler', 'Sargeant Savage', and 'Donnie Cash'. Oh yeah and of course Josh Scogin unleashes his fury on this album. // 9

Overall Impression: A couple of months ago I went to Borders. I was looking around the rock section and I saw a lonely CD with a blue, see-through case. I thought, Hey that's cool. So I grabbed the CD and instantly fell in love. The Chariot are one of those few bands who do their own thing. They can be wild and random at times but also honest and spiritual. I love this album because it's like 15 minutes long and I can listen to it anytime without getting bored. If some jerk stole it I would call up my friend Horation del Fuego and he would know to do. Trust me, I fyou still this CD, he will find you. // 10

Comments