The Chemistry review by The Chemistry

• Released: Mar 22, 2005
The Chemistry: The Chemistry

The sound of The Chemistry is a very stereotypical pop-punk/emo sound. Although, it is my personal opinion that they take they take it to a whole new level. The pure sound of the intro to "From Within" is enough to get you hooked the first time you hear it.

Lyrically, The Chemistry, I must say, is bit lacking. They are a great band, but sparks of lyrical diversity are few and far between. The songs all have pretty much the same basic feel. They're all emo/pop-punk love ballads, just with different tempos and sounds.

I first heard the Chemistry just before their deal with Razor & Tie went through which wouldve been the fall of 2003. They stopped in at a local concert put on by a band named Embassy, who tragically is no longer together. But, the chemistry completely blew me away. The guitar riffs, though not very complex, are still the work of a pure genius. These guys are the most down to earth people you could ever hope to meet. They sat and talked to us for an hour or more. They deserve support and thats what I intend to do.