Combat Rock review by The Clash

• Released: May 14, 1982
The Clash: Combat Rock

I got this cd from a 3 CD box set and had never heard anything about the album, I personally love the album The Clash said the best way forward was to change their delivery of punk music and had done well in doing so. There are some stand out tracks besides the popular "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" and "Rock The Casbah," songs like are "Red Angel Dragnet" and "Inoculated City" are fine examples of The Clash's new take on punk music. The guitar have become slower and the bass seems to have taken a more main role when it comes to the sound, this maybe due to some of the reggae influences.

The lyrics once again revolve around rebellion and inequalites of the world but the messages have been delivered through stories of victims.

"Combat Rock" may not be the landmark album for the clash but it's decent enough for any fan of punk/The Clash, the songs are still about the rebellion so associated with punk music, and for those willing to listen to alternative sounds of punk that still have hints of raw energy then this would be a worth while purchase.