London Calling review by The Clash

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
The Clash: London Calling

The sound is amazing! This is truely the greatest punk band of all time, and London Calling proves it. I have the lrgacy edition, which has the famous "Vanilla Tapes" and a bonus DVD included. I first heard this album on my dad's records and I was hooked. I love all the songs, except revolution rock gets annoying to me. Mick was an amazing guitarist, along with Joe's rhythm. Paul was a flawless bassist, and Topper is one of the best drummers I have ever heard. They are also my favorite band ever, which may make my review slightly lopsided. I might add that they are about the only punk band to not use power chords for every single song, which shows their musicianship.

The Clash were nearly unmatched in their writing skills. The Beatles, Dylan, and only a handful more beat them in that department. There is a huge range of topics in the lyrics. Joe's voice is slightly hard to understand, but Mick and Paul have pretty good voices. There are no Freddy Mercury, but their style of singing fits their music perfectly.

This album compares to old (real) punk, since it was more rebellious, and not just poppy like the sh--ty bands like poser Good Charlotte or the other wusses. My favorite songs are Jimmy Jazz, Rudie Can't Fail, The Right Profile, Clampdown, Death Or Glory, Lost In The Supermarket, Train In Vain, and the immortal London Calling (maybe the best lyrics on the album). If this was stolen, I would beat the living shit out of the dude who stole it. Then I would buy 3 copies just in case. Any punk, or music fan for that matter, should buy this. This CD started me into the path of real rock, instead of the modern rock I used to listen to. This is a great start if you want to listen to The Clash, and its one of the top 10 albums ever recorded.