London Calling review by The Clash

• Released: Jan 1, 1988
The Clash: London Calling

This CD is really worth to get! I really like its songs and it showes the exact side of The Clash. The guitar is incredibly good and on the remastered version, it's way better than the old, scrathy version. You really get a better look at the Clash when you listen to this. They've really sat some marks in the story of music. Clash are really serious to listen to on this CD, especially because at the time this tape got released, war was going on, so every serious is about war. My favourite ones are Spanish Bombs, Train In Vain and The Guns of Brixton. But this great CD also contains funny and great songs like Rudie Can't Fail, Jimmy Jazz and Brand New Cadillac. This is great punk, but it also led many bands into pop-punk.

The lyrics really takes you to another place you can't even imagine. From 'London Calling' to 'Rudie Can't Fail' there's so much space and when I close my eyes and listen to this CD, I really can't help myself by grabbing my guitar, and play along the songs. Joe really sings well. I like the 'attacks' in his voice.

You really should get this. This is the biggest Clash CD, I think (except for The Best Of Clash. The most impressive song is Jimmy Jazz in my opinion. The Riff is classic blues, but still, The Clash manages to take this song to another level, than just a blues song. I really just love the concept of this album. I shall take care of this CD, so it won't get stolen; )Buy it, boys and girls. Here's something you really can relate to!