The Clash (US) review by The Clash

• Released: Oct 25, 1990
The Clash: The Clash (US)

This is a great CD for people new to punk. It's not too heavy but has that punk rock feel to it. I personally think it is the best album by The Clash. The first song on the album is "Clash City Rockers". It will make you hooked to the rest of the album. The guitar has a raw sound with a bit of overdrive and the bass is great is songs like "White Riot."

The singer is just what you would expect from a punk band. The lyrics are mostly easy to make out. Some songs the lyrics could use some work and some are hard to make out. also in the inside cover there is no lyrics to look at. My favorite lyrics on the album is from clash city rockers, "An' I wanna liquefy everybody gone dry/Or plug into the aerials that poke up in the sky/Or burn down the suburbs with the half-closed eyes/You won't succeed unless you try."

It definatly compares to there other albums. I think it is better then the other actually. The key tracks are Clash City Rockers, White Riot, London's Burning, I Fought the Law (cover of Johnny Cash's I Fought The Law), Carreer Opportunities. I love that this album has a great sound and great songs. I also like that it is affordable because it is older. You can buy it for about $8.00. The only thing I don't like is that some songs seem to drag on but other then that it is great! I would recommened it to any one I know who likes punk even new punk bands like greenday because a lot of punk bands today have influences from the clash. It wouldn't get stolen or lost from me cause I would look after like crazy.