Modern Minds And Pastimes review by The Click Five

• Released: Jun 26, 2007
The Click Five: Modern Minds And Pastimes

The sophomore album of The Click Five is just like it's classic sound from it's debut album, Greetings From Imrie House. But this time round, there is more piano parts from Ben Romans, and quite less of guitar solo parts. New singer Kyle Patrick has filled in perfectly for Eric Dill, it was quite a debate to pick out of the two, they're just both simply good singers. He really makes the first three tracks quite lively and loud (Flipside, Jenny and Happy Birthday).

The sophomore album of The Click Five is just like its classic sound from it's debut album, Greetings From Imrie House. But this time round, there is more piano parts from Ben Romans, and quite less of guitar solo parts. New singer Kyle Patrick has filled in perfectly for Eric Dill, it was quite a debate to pick out of the two, they're just both simply good singers. He really makes the first three tracks quite lively and loud (Flipside, Jenny and Happy Birthday).

In comparison to other artists, The Click Five bring their share to the table in their genre of "Powerpop". The mix of pop lyrics and rock music goes well alltogether. Probably the songs "Flipside", "Jenny" and "Happy Birthday" were clearly my top three songs off the album. I enjoyed the other tracks, but these three were more lively. I like the new singer Kyle Patrick, he can equally fill in the job for Eric Dill. I would've liked to see more guitar solos, but the riffs make up for that. If it was stolen or lost, I would certainly get another copy. Worthy of anyone's music collection.

strat-o-psych
    yeah its a really good album if ur not narrow minded and what not, i like "when im gone"'s intro, its pretty easy to play too
    ken20008
    the classic pop mind....liking a band because (in this case) the singer is hot..... the music is ok i guess, i listen to metal btw.
    lishan7763
    i LOVE CLICK FIVE! this album is GREAT! love all their songs! but i LOVE reason why & long way to go,plus jenny too!