Bend To Break review by The Color Fred

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
The Color Fred: Bend To Break

The music itself is pretty repetitive, a very clean sound. It lacks edge even when it's trying to come off as edgy. I feel that this sound has been captured before in better ways. It might have a completely different feel in a live setting but it just seams like Fred has lazily thrown together offcuts from Taking Back Sunday's last CD and completely failed on the delivery.

It's missing Adam Lazzara's voice. The lyrics are repetitive and simple. That's not necessarily a bad thing but the what I liked about Fred's singing was when he would swap lyrics with Adam. It doesn't work (for me) when he's singing a whole song by himself. The lyrics kinda fit well with the music. It's basically like a really weak version of Taking Back Sunday. If that's exactly what you're after well I guess you'll like it. The chorus to the song Get Out is particularly annoying. As he says 'Get Out' about 25 times. It's just a really obvious way of writing.

From the first track I found this CD to be quite bland and unimpressive. It just sounds really weak and repetitive. I feel like Fred Mascherino made a mistake by not staying with Taking Back Sunday. I was pretty disapointed and so I probably wont even listen to it again. Check it out if you really, really want to but otherwise I'd just wait for more Taking Back Sunday. Overall I just could not find a song I liked and wanted to listen to twice.