Bend To Break review by The Color Fred

• Released: Oct 30, 2007
The Color Fred: Bend To Break

Taking Back Sunday was and always be my favorite band even if Fred left for "The Color Fred". So, I moved half of my interest of music on TBS to TCF by listening to the CD and wow! I was impressed by Fred's improvements in singing when he moved to folk/rock. I see nothing bad about the sound of this album since Fred has shared his true potential in solo and acoustic.

Fred's composing of lyrics on this album is very astonishing since he was a former TBS composer/guitarist/vocalist. I noticed about "I'll Never Know" and it made me moved since this song's about trying to know what his best friend's thoughts when they're together. As the lyrics say "Why does she look at me that way, well I nearly lost a reason just like you'd lose some change, now she changed mine forever and I'll never be the same", it was really great for Fred's talent in composing such words that can create a mood which is unexpected.

Comparing to other albums, Bend To Break is the most expressing fold/rock album I have ever heard of because most of the songs are related to my friends and me. My favorite songs are "If I Surrender", "I Didn't See", "Empty House", "Minnesota", "It Isn't Me" and "I'll Never Know" which always reminds me of a girl that I have a crush on. I never hated anything from this album because I feel sorry for Fred because he's not that famous ever since he released this album. This would be the best album for 2007.

Nikki Christ
    I find it funny how one guy gave this a critical review and 2 other people gave everything all 10s, lol. I don't kno bout the rest of the album, but I've heard "If I Surrender" and that's really catchy. I like it.