Requiem review by The Confession

• Released: Jun 19, 2007
The Confession: Requiem

I first heard about this band through Avenged Sevenfold, and I thought, "If A7X is saying good things about them, I could at least listen to one song." So, I listened to their song 'Dance with the Devil' and I was instantly hooked. At the time, this album had yet to come out, but I sure was ready for it. M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold produced this album along with Fred Archambault, and they did a very good job. One thing I love about this album is that the songs actually have real solos. Not the stuff that is improvised and all distored where you can't tell if the guitarist are making mistakes or not. Their guitarist are quite good. They're playing at this year's Warped Tour, and I haven't been this excitied about a new band in a long time.

I personally liked the lyrics, and I find them stuck in my head all the time. Whenever I listen to them I'm always singing along. The lyrics fit well, using imagery like "fate twists her knife" and "when the sky cries out, angels will dance in the rain. This album could be described as metalcore, but unlike most metalcore albums, the singer does not scream. He actually sings, except for one of the songs 'Jealousy', but that was the song that came from their EP, where the singer screamed. In the song 'Requiem', which is dedicated to a friend, the singer uses a softer voice, which I find somewhat annoying. Especially since it stays that way for the whole song.

This album is really good. My favorite song would have to be 'Time is Gone', and I love the verses during 'The End is Near'. Lets say if your a fan of metal/punk, you'll probably like it. Also, if you like Avenged Sevenfold's album 'City of Evil', then you will probably love this album. If anything were to happen to this CD, I would definately get another one, even if I had to order it.

ben_rulez
    yeah ive only just started listening to them but they are really really good. friggen awesome in fact
    Big_C
    they opened up of megadeth in spokane they really caught my eye