Requiem review by The Confession

• Released: Jun 19, 2007
The Confession: Requiem

The first song that I heard by The Confession was "Through These Eyes" and I was really hooked onto their sound as it reminded me of Avenged Sevenfold and that is one of my favorite bands. They have a really nice sound to them, they can be heavy with some really nice riffs and technical solos and also melodic with nice acoustic pieces here and there.

The lyrics really fit into the songs and especially went with the guitar work. The singer has a pretty good range going from a more depressing kind of heavy almost non-singing of "The rise and fall" to the soft melodic voice of "Requiem". Adages and phrases were in abundance in this album and the creativity of the lyrics were impressive although a little vulgar at time but that only contributed to the effect of the lyrics and to relay the message that is being sent.

This album is like a mix of some sounds of A7X but they have their own flare to it. After listening to "Through These Eyes" for about the 500th time I still can't get over how well put together it is, it's probably the best song on there and "Requiem" is a nice change of pace throughout the album. There were some parts in "Time is gone" that bothered me a little but besides that the whole album was really good. If I lost this then hell yea I'd buy it again.