The Long Way Home review by The Confession

• Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
The Confession: The Long Way Home

If anyone reading this knows anything about "I Killed The Prom Queen", then you would notice that this band is their protoype. Nothing about this band is new/ something fans have never heard of before, which is my biggest problem with these guys. Their previous album: "Cancer", was no different than this one, only the recording in "The Long Way Home" was cutting edge and gripping. Breakdowns sound tight, vocals sound brilliant, and that low tone is masterfully done which amazes me. They adapted the technique that most metalcore bands use. If you tune lower, you'll sound better. And personally, I agree with this album. The lowness of their guitars makes everything sound terrific and really accentuates their riffs. They adapted this method just as North America's best did, such as Volumes, and struc/tures. The quality of the sound is great, but the quality of the songs. That's a different story. Most would agree that everything they write sounds the same, but despite this fans will continuously listen to Confession's songs because no one will ever be tired of this genre. Breakdowns are good, riffs sound tight, everything sounds good, however they need to understand that they can't write the same things for their next 3 albums. At some point Resist and Mediaskare will have had enough. But of course fans, like myself, will continuously listen to this because despite it sounding exactly like a lot of other bands, it still sounds great. And their songs are good enough to keep fans happy at concerts.

Well, I can start by saying the lyrics totally blow. The lead singer of this band either doesn't have a clue how to write or is a heck of a good thief. A lot of his words are structured with other band's ideas, which removes originality from Confession. Some songs have mediocre lyrics at best, but nothing amazing. If anything would be half decent it would be the clean vocal parts. Sure it's repetitive, but some songs like "Gimme A.D.D." actually have well thought out parts. Crafter's skills are mediocre. I think his voice sounds really unique and that's what makes Confession what it is, but his lyric writing skills are equivalent to the ones of a teenager writing songs with his high school garage band. As for the singer, Brown, he has a great voice which I believe is laced with some effects. But he really does stand out from the rest of the band and he is what makes this band different than say Parkway Drive or Bring Me The Horizon.

Way better than their previous album "Cancer". Nothing is super impressive from each song, some songs are just plain boring, but some are great and worth the listen. I love the style, it's such a unique Australian style that everyone coast to coast enjoys. But everyone agrees each song is very alike. Buy this on iTunes or something. All the songs are all the same so you might as well buy 1 song so it covers the other 11. Nonetheless enjoy this somewhat sweet band.

WARLOCK123
    Been listening to this album for a little while now. Certainly enjoyable but as people point out the lyrics are far from original in a lot of places. However, I think even the band themselves have acknowledged stealing Parkway Drive lyrics and view it as a sort of joke due to people comparing the two bands (despite Parkway being better, imo).
    jaybrink101
    This was pointed out only briefly in a comment, but the title 'Gimme A.D.D.' is a blatant rip of Parkway Drive's 'Gimme A D' off Killing With A Smile. Sad really. F-cking awesome album though, the best from Confession yet.