The Cure Review

The Cure: The Cure
Released: June 29, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Pop/Rock, Goth Rock, Post-Punk
It seemed like no more than an empty threat, so fans played along with the game until Smith grew tired of it.
 8.7
 9.3
 8.1
The Cure Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 11, 2005

Sound: The music was very well composed. The band has been around for a little over 2 decades. There isnt really any guitar solos but it's still very enjoyable to listen to. A lot of it is very pop-oriented, but not "sugar" or "bubble-gum" pop. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are pretty good. Robert Smith is a very good writer. He mostly writes about different themes of love but its not too repetitive. // 8

Overall Impression: It's not as good as The Cure's other albums but its still very enjoyable to listen too. The best songs for me were Lost, Labrynth, Anniverary, and Alter. Ending. If I lost it or it god stolen, I'd wait a long time to miss it and then I would get it for my birthday from someone. // 10

The Cure Reviewed by: jonas, on july 14, 2004

Sound: The new self titled album by the cure is their best work yet. It is by far the best album. It's amazing how they came so far without changing their sound. The overall style of the album is the same as it's allways been, light grunge/old school emo. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are amazing,they go perfect with their style and sound of their music. If you've ever heard the singer he sounds the same as he always does, amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: This album does not compare to any other artist that I know, because The Cure has a unique soung that the cure and only the cure can pull off. My favorite song on this album is "Lost", which is the first track, the lyrics, vocals, guitar and even bass is amazing. If this cd was stolen from me or lost there's no boubt that I would buy it again, it's that great and if you like The Cure, you'd love this album. Amazing. // 10

The Cure Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 19, 2005

Sound: I believe this band has one of the most incredible sounds I have ever heard. This artists in fluences include Korn and Slipknot. All though The Cure has never done any heavy songs, they have one with a heavy background on this album - Us Or Them? They are a gothic rock style. Some people believe that the voicings are dull but I'm sure other people do to, think the voicings are dull. They have an excellent musical sound in this album. // 10

Lyrics: Awesome lyrics! Very creative. Mainly about love. // 10

Overall Impression: Really beats other bands. The best songs (out 0f 11) are Lost, Before Three, End Of The World (biggest album hit), Us Or Them?, I Don't Know What's Going On. That's a lot of good songs isn't it? I love the gothic rock sound (slightly punk), and the songs about love. I have an mp3 player so if I lost/someone stole it it wouldn't be a big deal. But, I would buy another album by them. Advice: their earlier albums weren't that good. // 10

The Cure Reviewed by: sattelitecity, on january 05, 2008

Sound: The Cure's twelfth, self titled album was released in 2004. This saw a return to their early gothic-rock roots, with a much heavier, darker feel to their music and less of a pop influence than on many previous albums. Although many think the Cure have passed their prime, this album shows that they are still making powerful, catchy music. This is one of the Cure's best albums, although some songs such as 'Labyrinth' and 'Anniversary' are droning and lifeless. // 8

Lyrics: In keeping with the album's general feel, the lyrics are generally gloomy and make many references to isolation, endings and new beginnings. This album reinforces Robert Smith's skill and diversity as a lyricist and singer, and contains some of the most powerful and haunting lyrics he has writen yet. // 8

Overall Impression: Although many think the Cure have passed their prime, this album shows that they are still making powerful, catchy music. This is one of the Cure's best albums, although some songs such as 'Labyrinth' and 'Anniversary' are droning and lifeless. In my opinion, the two best songs from this album are 'Before Three' and 'Us or Them', as they are a return to the original Cure sound. It is a must-have for any Cure fan. // 8

Comments