Carefully Built/Carelessly Destroyed [EP] Review

The Damascus Intervention: Carefully Built/Carelessly Destroyed [EP]
Release Date: Aug 8, 2006
Label: Tribunal
Genres: Punk Metal, Hardcore Punk
On this CD the tempos are brisk, the riffing and drumming are mechanically precise, and the singing style embraced by Lee Hill is certain to lead to quite a few visits to the ear/nose/throat doctor.
 3.9
 7.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Carefully Built/Carelessly Destroyed [EP] Reviewed by: IfDaysEnd, on january 17, 2007

Sound: As I said in one of my reviews, there is a "trend" or a special characteristic in some metalcore bands that they don't follow a predeterminated structure in their song, there isn't a chorus, a verse, an outro, etc. This band is one of them, following the style of From A Second Story Window and Through The Eyes Of The Dead, only with more melodic guitars, less dinamic drumming, more double bass work (not speed, but just listen to them xD), some slow breakdowns, and Haste The Day-type vocals, with some growls here and there to remark important sentences in the lyrics. // 8

Lyrics: By reading the lyrics, I concluded this is a Christian band. In their lyrics they sing about personal problems of youth, or about the moment that JC is walking to his death and how humanity would get cleansed by this, they write in a direct way but using some "poetic" sentences explaining the situation. Anyway to be a Christian metalcore band, they don't sing about their religion in a straight-forwarded way. // 7

Overall Impression: I can definately say that this band isn't 100% original, because man which metalcore band is original nowadays, most new-acts sound all the same, but this band has some unique melodies here and there, some acoustic parts that sound nice with the melodies. The song I liked the most was The Last Days Of Humanity, they have very good riffs there, the song is fast, the drummer does a fine work with the cymbals, the acoustic part is awesome and has a lot of feeling. You can give this band a listen, don't expect too much originality or unique sound, but if you like the bands that I mentioned above, or metalcore in general, give this a try. // 8

Comments